President Jonathan: "I Never Said I Won’t Contest For A 2nd Term"


HAPPENING NOW:


President Jonathan while addressing Islamic Clerics yesterday at the State House in Marina, Lagos said he never promised Nigerians that he will not contest for a 2nd term, that he was only quoted out of context. According to him, the Late Yar’Adua came up with a political reform then saying a Nigerian president should be allowed to run for seven years and not four years and he had agreed to the terms and said, if Nigerians allowed that, he will not be contesting for another term. He also challenged the people running the advertorial of his alleged single term rule to play the full tape. According to him, the full tape will give Nigerians a better understanding of what he meant. His words after the cut.
“I need to clarifiy this otherwise I do not need to talk about it. This matter continues to come up.”
“I made that statement in Addis Ababa, when I addressed Nigerians. I made that statement after I had won elections.”
“I was advising Nigerians in Addis Ababa and I made mention of this issue of seven years of single tenure as being the best for the country.”
“I now added that if Nigerians will agree to run a single tenure of seven years I will not contest. That was the statement I made.” “Those who are advertising on television that I said I was not going to contest a second tenure should play the whole tape,” he said.


...culled from Yohaig


------
We will love to get a comment from you. Scroll down to leave a comment...people are commenting already!

To follow any of our authors on Social Media, Click Here

To join our site, Click Here

Follow 360talkatives on FACEBOOKTWITTER & GOOGLE +   
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Scroll down to bottom of page to find out more about this author.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

The 'Name/Url' option is advisable. You can fill in just 'Name' and ignore the 'url box'.

Promote Our Site On Facebook

What do you think of our site?

NOW THAT YOU'VE READ THE POST CAN YOU CLICK THE POND TO FEED THE FISH?